As September 10th, otherwise known as World Suicide Prevention Day approaches it is our goal to spread awareness about suicide and how to prevent it from occurring.
6 Statistics of Suicide:
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among 15-24 year olds,.
- 4th leading cause of death among 35-54 year olds, and
- 8th leading cause of death among 55-64 year olds.
- One person dies by suicide every 9 hours.
- For every suicide, there are at least 6 survivors affected by their death.
- 4 times more men than women die by suicide; but 3 times more women attempt suicide.